- By day, compartments feature lounge chairs for your comfort;
- By evening, beds (double bunk or single bed) hinge down over the lounge chairs as your sleeping accommodation;
- Twinette compartments include an ensuite with shower, toilet, and vanity;
- Roomette (solo) compartments include a vanity & mirror. Two managed ensuite/showers are at one end of the carriage and a shared conventional toilet at the other end of the carriage;
- High quality linen, towels (including facewashers);
- All carriages are Air-conditioned;
- 240V power outlet (CPAP suitable) in every compartment;
- USB adapter power outlets in some compartments;
- Drinking water in every compartment;
- Shelving and hanging closet;
- There is limited room in our compartments so please bring aircraft ‘carry on’ luggage and a garment bag.
Enjoy regional cuisine in the dining carriages as the scenery rolls by. The 48 seat dining carriages on-board the Aurora Australis are set in tables of four. We will do our best to ensure you are seated at your preferred time and with your preferred travel companions. All meals are freshly prepared by our chefs on-board. Where possible we use locally sourced and fresh produce.
We are able to cater to all of your dietary needs.
Enjoy a pre or post dinner drink in the Lounge Cars! The Lounge is a perfect place to catch up with fellow travellers and meet with friends – new and old. Behind the bar, our Bar Attendants will be on hand to serve you: water, soft drinks and juices are included.
The Aurora Australis is licensed to sell alcoholic drinks which are at an additional cost. We regret that our liquor licence does not allow BYO.
Your private compartment for two people – a great place to sit and watch the scenery roll by during the day. Your day lounge provides seating for up to 3 people, so invite a friend for a chat!
You have your own ensuite (shower, toilet & vanity), so that you can freshen up before a visit to the Lounge Car or a meal in the dining car.
Your air-conditioned compartment also provides chilled drinking water, USB power adapters (most compartments), hanging closets, shelving and the space for luggage is 98cm length x 24cm width x 59cm height. There is also hanging space available.
By evening, an upper and lower bunk hinge down over the day lounge, and our Guest Attendants will ensure that your bed is made and ready for you (all bedding is included).
Your own private compartment – a great place to sit and watch the scenery roll by during the day.
Your air-conditioned compartment also provides chilled drinking water, hanging closets, shelving and room for ‘carry on’ sized luggage and a garment bag. Your luggage can be placed on the luggage rack above your footrest. Slim or soft luggage can be stowed under your seat.
By evening, a single bed hinges down over your day lounge, and our Guest Attendants will ensure that your bed is made and ready for you (all bedding is included).
You have your own vanity in the room, so that you can freshen up before a visit to the Lounge Car or a meal in the Dining Car. Two shared, managed ensuite/showers are available at one end of the carriage, with a further shared toilet at the other end of the carriage.
There is no single supplement for roomette cabins – the fare is the same as paid by twin share guests.